About Public Safety
The Tufts Department of Public Safety (DPS) serves the University community and its four campuses by providing a safe and secure environment that promotes trust, equity, and accountability. DPS engages in proactive and thoughtful relationship-building to promote the safety and well-being of all who learn, work, and live in the Tufts community.
Guided by our commitment to anti-racism, the Tufts Department of Public Safety (DPS) will promote the safety, well-being, and dignity of all community members. DPS will be a model of progressive excellence in campus safety and policing by employing a hybrid model with differential response, training, and mentoring employees to act with compassion, professionalism, and integrity, and by fostering authentic and transparent community engagement.
· Care for our community: We commit to ensuring the well-being, safety, and protection of all persons, in service to and in collaboration with our Tufts community.
· Trust: We recognize that earning the trust and mutual respect of our community is an ongoing process requiring thoughtful and deliberate behaviors.
· Integrity: We value fairness and honesty, and we will hold ourselves accountable to do the right thing.
· Transparency: We commit to sharing information and inviting two-way dialogue to educate our community and ourselves.
· Diversity, equity, and inclusion: We cultivate an environment where all persons can equitably live, learn, and work, and are granted fair treatment and equal access to safety.
· Adaptability: We dedicate ourselves to being forward-looking and having a positive mindset to change.