Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search


Who Can Report a Concern?

Any member of the Tufts University community, including students, faculty, staff, alumni or parents can report a concern if they see or become aware of a threat, intimidating conduct or act of violence (including stalking, dating violence, and domestic violence) made by another community member or by a university vendor or contractor. Reporting observations or incidents of this nature assists the university in taking action and providing assistance to the individual in distress.

If the situation is urgent

  • Call University Police immediately at (617) 627-6911 or x66911 from a campus phone

If the situation is not urgent

  • Contact University Police (see sidebar titled Non-Emergency)

If you are uncomfortable contacting the University Police but still want to share information about a situation you observed, you can use one of these resources:

What happens after you report a concern?

TTAM members, trained in assessing and taking action regarding threatening behavior or direct threats, evaluate the information you have provided and decide whether to further assess the community member or if other action is necessary. Translation services are available to assist in information-gathering procedures if necessary.

What happens to the community member being reported in the TTAM process?

If the TTAM team determines that the community member’s behavior warrants intervention, the community member will be contacted and instructed to participate in an assessment.