Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

Legalities about motor vehicles such as out-of-state or international drivers, as well as traffic accidents, are managed within TUPD. For parking, transportation, and other information regarding vehicles, contact Parking & Transportation.

International Drivers

The operation of a motor vehicle in Massachusetts is governed by Massachusetts General Law. This includes registration of out-of-state motor vehicles and requirements for the licensure of international drivers.

The International Center provides detailed information on obtaining a driver’s license.

You may also wish to read the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles’ Frequently Asked Questions About International Permits and Licenses.

File a Crash Report

If you’re the operator of a vehicle involved in a crash where the damage to any one vehicle or property is over $1000, or if there is an injury to any person, even if a police officer was on the scene, then you should file a crash report.