Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search

There are several types of restraining orders that can be obtained through the police.

  • A restraining order (209A) is a court order issued by a judge that requires your past or present boyfriend, girlfriend, roommate, or blood relative to stop abusing you or face criminal penalties. There are a number of requirements that need to be met in order for a victim to apply for a criminal restraining order.
  • A civil stay away order is a type of restraining order, available to someone who is being abused or stalked by a non partner/roommate/relative. Please call the Tufts University Police Department for more information about either order.