On April 27, 2012 the Tufts University Police received a call regarding an incident that occurred immediately adjacent to campus, on Capen Street, which runs off of Winthrop Street in Medford, Ma.
The victim reported at approximately 2:15 a.m. on April 27, 2012, he was walking on Capen Street when a person came up behind him, placed his arm around the victims neck area, the suspect stated “give me your wallet or I will stab you”, the suspect reached into the victims back pocket and took his wallet. The suspect fled on foot down Capen Street toward Winthrop Street, got into a dark colored sedan and proceeded on Capen Street toward Winthrop Street. The victim did not know which direction the vehicle turned on Winthrop Street. The victim did not see a weapon and was not injured during the robbery. The victim notified Medford Police, and then notified Tufts Police after arriving at home. A search of the area by Medford Police proved negative.
The victim described the suspect as follows:
a light skinned male , approximately 5’ 6” – 5’ 10” tall
• Be aware of your surroundings at all times and trust your instincts. If you think you are being followed, walk briskly away and call police, being able to give them your location.
• Report any suspicious person(s) or circumstances to the Tufts Police immediately at 617-627-6911 from off campus or a cell phone or 911 for local police. From a campus phone x-66911.
• Utilize the GoSafe service 24/7 by calling Tufts Police at (617) 627-3030 from off-campus or cell phone. From a campus phone X-73030.
• Program the Tufts Police into your cell phone so you will be prepared in an emergency (617-627-6911).
• If you have any information on the above incidents, please contact the Tufts Police as soon as possible at 617-627-3030 from off-campus or a cell phone. From a campus phone X-73030.