For your personal safety, all Medford/Somerville students are encouraged to utilize the SafeRide service as alternative to walking alone. Vehicle transports are available via Tufts Public and Environmental Safety.
How to Request a Ride
- Download TapRide mobile app (via Google Play or App Store)
- Select Tufts University
- Enter Tufts Username and Password
- Hit “Start a Ride” on bottom of screen
- Click or “tap” a pick-up location, hit next
- Click or “tap” a drop off location, hit next
- Select passengers
- Request ride
Policies for using App
- Must be an affiliate of Tufts University
- Must request a ride between the hours of 7pm – 4am
- Rides must be within service boundary area
Note: Rides are in a first-come, first-serve basis. We strive to provide service within 10 minutes, however wait times may vary based on demand. Walking escorts are always available, particularly during peak demand.
After requesting the SafeRide service please wait inside the lobby of the pickup location. It is the caller’s responsibility to meet the SafeRide Service once the service arrives.