On April 14, 2014 at approximately 4:00 a.m. Tufts Police learned from Medford Police that a non-Tufts affiliated male was the victim of an aggravated assault on Capen Street at Winthrop Street in Medford. The victim stated he was visiting with another person at a house on Capen Street when he reports being stabbed by a person described as a black male. The suspect then fled in a cab. Medford Police did an extensive search with negative results. All involved parties were non-Tufts affiliates and known to each other. The victim and suspect are known to police.
The victim described the suspect as a black male, wearing a dark colored sweatshirt with a hood, having short hair and slight facial hair.
• Be aware of your surroundings at all times and trust your instincts. If you think you are being followed, walk briskly away and call police, being able to give them your location.
• Report any suspicious person(s) or circumstances to the Tufts Police immediately at 617-627-6911 from off campus or a cell phone or 911 for local police. From a campus phone x-66911.
• Utilize the GoSafe service by calling Tufts Police at (617) 627-3030 from off-campus or cell phone. From a campus phone X-73030.
• Program the Tufts Police into your cell phone so you will be prepared in an emergency (617-627-6911).
• If you have any information on the above incidents, please contact the Tufts Police as soon as possible at 617-627-3030 from off-campus or a cell phone. From a campus phone X-73030.