On Monday, July 29, 2013 at about 4:35 p.m. Tufts University Police received a call from Tufts Medical Center Security regarding a reported unarmed robbery that had just occurred on Kneeland Street. The victim reported that as she exited 35 Kneeland Street the suspect grabbed her pocketbook from her, removed her phone, dropped the pocketbook and fled down Monsignor Shea Way toward Harrison Avenue. The victim was not injured.
Boston Police were notified and an area search for the suspect was conducted. The suspect was not apprehended.
The victim described the suspects as follows:
White male, about six feet, one inch tall, in his mid 20’s and wearing a dark T-shirt and jeans. The suspect had a tattoo on his right arm.
* Be aware of your surroundings at all times and walk with confidence.
* Utilize the GoSafe service by calling the Tufts Police at X66610, 617-636-6610 from off-campus or a cell phone, or 911 for local police.
* Report any suspicious person(s) or circumstances to the Tufts Police immediately at X66911, 617-636-6911 from off-campus or a cell phone, or 911 for local police
* Program the Tufts Police into your cell phone so you will be prepared in an emergency 617-636-6911.
* If you have any information on the above incidents, please contact the Tufts Police as soon as possible at X66610, 617-636-6610 from off-campus or a cell phone.