On Thursday, February 21, at approximately 2:38 a.m., Tufts University Police received a call from a student living in private housing on Whitfield Rd. in Somerville, MA. The student stated, they awoke to a person leaving their room who then immediately exited the residence. The suspect fled out the front door onto Whitfield Road.
The student described the suspect as about 6 feet tall, with an athletic build, wearing a black hoodie and blue jeans.
Tufts Police canvassed the area with negative results. Somerville Police were also notified of the incident.
* If living off campus, report any suspicious person(s) or circumstances to the Medford or Somerville Police by dialing 911.
* If living on campus or immediately adjacent to campus, report any suspicious person(s) or circumstances to the Tufts Police immediately at X66911 (617-627-6911 from off-campus or a cell phone).
* Assure that door and window locks are in good working order.
* Keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
* Program the Tufts Police into your cell phone so you will be prepared in an emergency (617-627-6911). Or dial 911 to contact the local police.
If you have any information on the above incident, please contact the Tufts Police as soon as possible at X73030 (617-627-3030 from off-campus or a cell phone).