- Keep the door to your residence hall room locked at all times!
- Always find out who is knocking before you open the door.
- Do not prop open or tamper with exterior doors. These doors are locked for your protection.
- Do not loan your keys to anyone! They may not be as careful with them as you are and may lose or misplace them, just long enough for the wrong person to gain possession.
- Do not leave your keys lying around in public places!
- When leaving the campus for the holiday break periods, ensure that ground level windows and windows accessible by exterior fire escapes are locked! LOCK YOUR ROOM DOOR BEFORE YOU LEAVE!
- Many ground level windows and windows accessible by exterior fire escapes are equipped with security screens. These devices should be left secured at all times for your protection! In the event of a fire, the screen can be opened by pushing down on the lever opening device.
Report suspicious persons immediately to the University Police at extension 66911 (see Contact Us for phone numbers from off-campus or cellular phones).