When the Fire Alarm sounds, act immediately to ensure your safety. The Fire Alarm System is designed to provide you with an early warning to allow you to safely exit the building during an emergency situation.
- NEVER ignore the alarm, assume the alarm is false, or assume it is only a fire alarm test.
- Everyone MUST evacuate the building by way of the safest and closest exit and/or stairway. NEVER use an elevator to exit during a fire alarm activation.
- Once outside the building, move away from the building. Assemble across the street or along the sidewalk of the adjacent building.
- The front of the building is where the fire fighters and fire trucks will be operating. Do not obstruct their access to the building.
- If there is an incident occurring on the upper floors and glass is being blown out of the windows, the area below is the hazard zone where serious personal injuries will happen. Stay away from this hazard zone.
- Once outside, never re-enter the building until you are told to do so by the fire department or Tufts Police.