- Skip to navigation
- Skip to content
- Skip to sidebar
Emergency Escape Tips
- Your building has an evacuation plan. Know it and evacuate during all fire alarm activations.
- Learn the location of all building exits. Have an exit strategy, always know at least two ways out.
- If you have to escape through smoke, crawl low to your exit, keeping your head one to two feet above the floor, where the air will be clearer.
- Test doorknobs and spaces around the door with the back of your hand. If the door is warm, try another escape route. If it’s cool, open it slowly. Close it if smoke or fire is present.
- If you are trapped, call the fire department for assistance. Seal your door with rags and signal from your window.