• High Hazard Chemical Registration
At Tufts University all highly reactive and toxic chemicals must be registered with Tufts Environmental Health and Safety
• Chemical Hygiene Plan (pdf)
• Chemical Instability – Maximum Storage Time Periods for Peroxide-Forming Compounds
• Personal Protective Equipment Plan for Tufts University
Deans, Directors, Department Chairs, Department Managers, Principal Investigators and supervisors at Tufts University must review the Personal Protective Equipment Plan for Tufts University.
– They shall complete the Certification of Hazard Assessment and Personal Protective Evaluation (Hazard Assessment Form), found in Appendix A.
– They must also train employees in personal protective equipment and complete the Tufts University’s Record of Training form.
• Working Safely with Nanomaterials
Workers who use nanotechnology in research or production processes may be exposed to nanomaterials through inhalation, skin contact, or ingestion. This fact sheet provides basic information to workers and employers on the most current understanding of potential hazards associated with this rapidly-developing technology and highlights measures to control exposure to nanomaterials in the workplace.
The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
ATSDR Information on Acute Chemical Exposures
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Providing National and World Leadership to Prevent Workplace Illnesses and Injuries
NIOSH eNews is the monthly newsletter of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. This newsletter is published monthly via email by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health to inform members of the public health community as well as interested members of the general public of Institute related news, new publications, and updates on existing programs and initiatives.