Pay A Citation
Appeal A Citation
- Submit Online:
- Committee reviews appeals for violations on a bi-weekly basis based on guidelines below. All appeal decisions are final.
Grounds for Appeal
- Substantial evidence that you did not commit the violation for which the citation was issued.
- You may have committed the violation, but circumstances were not under you control and prior to being issued the citation, you made demonstrable attempt to notify Tufts Parking Services or Enforcement of the situation.
Invalid Grounds for Appeal
- Lack of knowledge of regulations
- Parked for short period of time or the parking lot appeared empty
- Having the wrong permit
- Failure to obtain or renew a permit
- Failure to display a permit
- Displaying a permit obtained false pretenses
- Displaying a permit not assigned to the motor vehicle it is assigned to
- Inability to pay fines
- Past parking record will be considered.
- The registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for the citation, regardless of who was driving.
- Permits must be displayed correctly and in accordance with the directions of Tufts Parking Services, in order to be considered valid.