A visitor, contractor or vendor is defined as a person who is not affiliated with the University as staff, faculty or a student and who operates on or parks a vehicle at Tufts University.
See the official regulations on visitors.
Visitors now have multiple options for parking on campus:
- Visitors, contractors, and vendors can purchase a visitor/guest parking pass from the Administrative Services office located on the first floor of Dowling Hall during regular business hours from 9 AM to 5 PM, or from a Tufts University Department of Public Safety police dispatcher after hours and on weekends. These passes are available for $5.00/day.
- The license plate number as well as the vehicle’s make, model and color are required when purchasing a visitor/guest parking pass.
- Students can purchase visitor/guest passes online by clicking here.
- Visitor parking passes begin the day of purchase. If purchased from the Administrative Services office, they can be purchased for the necessary length that the permit will be needed. If purchased from the Public Safety Dispatchers, they can only be issued for up to three days.
- Visitor parking passes allow visitors, contractors, and vendors to park in any legal space in any lot that requires a decal or pass. Please note, however, that while visitors may park in Staff and Commuter lots, depending on the lot there is no parking from 1 AM and 6 AM or from 3 AM and 6 AM. Please refer to the signs in each Staff and/or Commuter lot for what hours parking is allowed. Visitors requiring overnight parking must do so in the Green Residential Parking Areas.
Visitors to Tufts University’s Medford/Somerville Campus may also park in the Parking Garage located in Dowling Hall in Medford at 419 Boston Avenue.
- Visitors may park in the garage for the day for a nominal fee of $5.00. Visitors must purchase a token to exit the garage from one of the token vending machines located on the 3rd, 5th, and 7th floors of Dowling Hall. Tokens can also be purchased on the first floor of Dowling Hall at the Administrative Services Office during regular business hours or from the Tufts University Public Safety police dispatcher after business hours or on weekends.
- Receipts for tokens are only available if purchased from the Administrative Services office or from a Public Safety Dispatcher.
- Visitors wishing to avoid being required to purchase a token upon each visit may purchase multiple tokens at a time from the Administrative Services Office. Overnight parking in the Dowling Garage is strictly prohibited.
- Visitors may enter the garage from either the Boston Avenue entrance, or from an entrance located on Upper Campus Road.