License Plate Recognition – Medford/Somerville Campus
- License plate on record will be read by camera and gate arm will open
- If gate does not open upon exit, press “Permitted Holder” on kiosk screen, enter license plate, and gate will open
- If you are temporarily driving a spouse’s or rental vehicle or need to update your license plate, please email email@example.com
- Enter Dowling Hall Garage or Cousens Parking Lot
- Entrance gate arm will automatically open
- Go to pay station kiosks through garage or lot
- Enter your license plate number, pay the flat rate of $8 via credit/debit card
- When exiting, the system will recognize your license plate and open the gate arm
- If the gate arm does not open upon exit, press “paid parker” enter your license plate, gate arm will open
Departments Hosting Guests:
- Are given a pin code for their guests. If you wish to acquire one, please email Andrea.Breault@tufts.edu
What is LPR Technology?
- LPR (License Plate Recognition) technology is an image-processing program used to identify vehicles via their license plates
- LPR also eliminates the need for access cards, tickets, tokens, paper receipts, and decal stickers.